Saturday, October 19, 2013

My Wedding


This week was all about the Lordship of Christ in our lives, transitioning from a believer to a disciple, surrendering everything in our life to King Jesus. The week ended in one amazing day where we symbolically made our way into the tabernacle and presented ourselves as living sacrifices. Although we went through this as a community, every person's story of meeting with God that day is very different. Mine is the only one that has to do with a wedding to the Bridegroom, so that is the story that I will tell you. I must preface this by saying that what we do in the physical/natural affects the spiritual/supernatural which is what made the day eternally significant for me.
I woke up on Friday and had a sense that God told me to dress up for my wedding, so I put on the only dress I brought. At one point in the day we were giving gifts to the priests (each other) and the Lord told me to give my purity ring to a sister who needed to know that she is pure in the eyes of God because she is washed clean in the blood of Jesus. (I'm sure you can imagine how meaningful this was for both of us). Everyone in the room had tears as gifts were given out of an attitude of surrendering our most meaningful possessions to bless someone else out of obedience to Christ. Another sister gave me a bracelet from her grandmother which symbolized her right to be married again. To me it felt like the Lord was adorning me as his bride. Later in the day we gave a "grain offering" where we left items at the foot of the cross to be consecrated for God's purposes only. It was here that I laid down my wallet, special journal, and cut off my hair. You see, 8 years ago I told God that I was not going to significantly cut my hair until I got married because the Bible says that long hair is a woman's crowning glory and I also know that guys tend to prefer long hair. I confess that when I think about the future, I often desire a husband more than surrendering completely to God's will, whatever it may be. So, cutting my hair that day was symbolic of making Jesus the Lord in this area of my life and completely trusting in His love for me. Now my new short hair is a constant reminder that I am focusing on Christ and not on impressing any man. 
Another awesome part of the day (although not having to do with my wedding) was when we presented our "sin offering" by publicly confessing our sins and repenting from them. After I had confessed on my turn, the instructor, Mark, asked me to prophetically pray over 5 other students (no one else was asked to do this, but most people were asked to do some act in the physical to represent their spiritual freedom). Later that night some of those I had prayed for told me that it was direct confirmation about things God was already revealing to them about His plan for their lives. So cool! This was definatly one of the most amazing days of my life and there are too many details for me to be able to explain it all. The next day, Saturday, I felt like a new person with an even deeper sense of joy and freedom like I have not experienced before. Then I went to Narnia. Pictures below.

The grain offering

Castle Hill- This is where they filmed the last battle in the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
Me at Casstle Hill, just for perspective.


Dont miss the snow capped mountains in the background

That is me on the rock!

L to R- Johnny, Gabe, Logan, David, Ryan, Jaron. Looked like a band photo.

My new short hair!

5 comments:

  1. I like the new look..you're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Amy Nu! The beauty you are experiencing inside is permeating your entire physical being; I have never seen you look more beautiful and glowing in God's love. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. ♥ Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Deb! You are such an encourager! I love the way you always have so much faith and hope for people to follow their dreams. I just loving going to your house and talking about where I am in life and where I am headed because I know yo are always backing me up and supporting me. I used to envy Ducky because she pursues her passions and is so successful at doing things she enjoys. But, now I see why she is able to live in such confidence, it is because she has been raised by such supportive parents, you and Keith. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! La!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. It's always amazing how the Lord blesses you when you first spend intimate time with Him... and what could be more intimate then your wedding! It is a beautiful day that you have described. You trusted the Lord and yielded to Him obediently, something very important and personal to you, and you gave it gladly... I know you already know, but the Lord delights very much in such as this! That's awesome that you shared meaningful possessions with others as well... very cool. All in all I am glad for what you shared with the Lord that day... in having one of the best days of your life!

    Also, on the lighter side, you got to go to Narnia, also awesome! I remember well when you got your "duck" cut haircut too. I think that might have been the last time you cut your hair before this day. I've seen you with short hair, medium length and long hair... it looks good in all phases!

    ReplyDelete