Monday, September 30, 2013

Springtime in New Zealand



It is time for some pictures of the gorgeous land I live in. Let me preface this by saying that God is so good!!! Daddy gives the best gifts for His kids to enjoy and I just love being a child of the King (James 1:17 & Matthew 7:11). Not only do I get to observe the beautiful green trees, sheep pastures, and majestic mountains, but this last weekend I got to go sea kyaking and horse-back riding. I am so blessed!!!!! And I can't keep it in! Praise the Lord oh my soul, praise the Lord!

 This is the art in Christchurch Airport. I knew from then that I loved this place! (not to mention the awesome safety video played in the Air New Zealand plane, look it up on you tube if you've never seen it)


Springtime in New Zealand means baby animals everywhere! We saw this new calf nursing while on a walk about a block from our base.

Minature poney! Not a baby animal, but still small and cute!

This is Marty Emmit, the speaker refered to in my previous post. In this shot he was teaching the importance of the Bible being our helmet of salvatipon. Know the Word!


These are my friends David, David, David, and Lilly. And yes, there is a giant world map in our main lecture/worship room. Which is sweet as! (the Kiwi way of saying "cool")


This is one of the staff houses on base. See the gorgeous trees! To the left behind the house is an area we call the Field of Dreams where we play outdoor games and slack-line.

This is the front driveway entrance to the base.

This is another view of our base. The group you sitting at the table are in intercessory prayer.



The building on the left is the office, dinning hall, and main lecture/worship room. The building on the right is called the "main house" and has been here for over 100 years. This is where I live upstairs with my roommate Donna. (pictures of Donna to come). Other girls live in the rooms upstairs and then downstairs is the library and student lounge.


Little lambs and fluffy sheep! I love them so much!!!



This is a few of us students in a tree at a botanical garden in Christchurch.


This beach is called Taylor's Mistake (I have no idea why it is named that), but behind me taking the picture are rolling green hills. It was here that we spent Saturday surfing and Kyaking in very cold water! I didnt get a picture of my friend Keegan and I kyaking, but lets just say that the waves were crashing down on my while we tried to paddle out and I got soaked through my rain gear! Still had a very fun time!


No comments:

Post a Comment